Thursday, August 4, 2011

Road-trippin'! Part III - Philly!

They say that often the hardest part of the journey is the first one, and I admit, it was hard to leave the comfy confines of "home" at Tom's.  But bein just a few hours from an authentic Philly Cheesesteak was enough to get us out of the house :)
Of course, it was hot and muggy in Philadelphia, but we managed.  Historic Philly is pretty cool, and most everything we wanted to see was within a couple-minute walk from the car, so that was definitely a plus.  Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Constitution Hall, and more are right there, so we played tourist for a few hours.



I liked the Constitution Hall the most; there was an amazing presentation regarding, well duh, the Constitution - its thesis was, "We the People - It's up to us to protect the Constitution."


And I liked meeting some of the signers of the Constitution; but I'm afraid the saying, 'You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose' came out after his time...


After lunch (yummy), I had to run off the calories, so I ran the famous "Rocky" steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.  I can't seem to upload the video of my iconic run up the steps, so you'll just have to trust me when I say I'm awesome.


To finish the sight-seeing for the day, we headed out to Valley Forge, where it was a bit warmer than when Washington's troops spent the winter, thank goodness..

The cabins are pretty small (and remind me of Maniac Magee), but then again, the people were smaller then, too, as you can tell from the picture...


Part III - in the books

1 comment: