Saturday, July 23, 2011

Road-trippin'! Part II - 4th (and 5th) of July


4th of July = fireworks :)
We made a big mistake of turning on the tele the morning of the 4th, because it was a marathon of the BBC hit car show, Top Gear.  We're both fans, and well, it was mid-afternoon before either of us got off the couch. Oops... Oh well, we still got in our barbecue, then, because I've lived in DC and seen the fireworks there before, I talked Tom into taking us up to Baltimore to see them at the harbor.  We didn't get the greatest spot, and it was then that I realized I forgot my camera tripod, so I free-handed these shots :/



























































Pointing to Bloody Cornfield

















 The next day, we headed up through Pennsylvania, stopping at solemn Antietam battlefield first.

Cool monument

























































Well, learning about the devastation that happened here, we didn't have the heart to go to Gettysburg (we've both been, so it's okay.)
So we drove on up to Hershey!  Mmm chocolate :)



The tour was cool, the chocolate was yummy, but what I really wanted to do was go on the rides, but the attendants wouldn't believe me, even though I fit the height requirement...































Of course, other tall 'kids' saw me and wanted to follow my lead, so we left.  Drove down the road into Amish country.  There wasn't much going on, as expected, so we just bought some root beer - bitter home-made stuff - then drove back home for the night.



Part II - check

1 comment:

Tom said...

I forget, what was the name of that town we went to after Hershey?