Thursday, June 3, 2010

School's Out For Summer!


It's almost been a week since school let out.  Some of my students and my fellow teachers 'checked out' weeks ago, yet I find that I still haven't completely checked out yet.  I still wake up (automatically, if I'm not already awake) at 6 am, I've gone back to school twice, and I still edit some of my friends' text messages :)  I haven't done anything 'vacationy' yet, because I'm still trying to recover from surgery on Tuesday.  What a way to start summer, huh?  Doctor tells me I can't do any strenuous activity or any kind of exercise for 48 hours.  My summer break is usually synonymous with strenuous activity and exercise.  It's been killing me, to not be able to do all the things I want to do on these beautiful days: hiking, biking, swimming, rollerblading, boxing, working out, etc.  I think, when I start doing those things daily, it'll finally feel like summer has arrived.   Here's to hoping!  

3 comments:

Ann Mitchell said...

Hey, Matt! Nice start to your blog!!!

xantogal said...

Good luck 'laying low'... have a great summer!

Melinda said...

Nice! I can show you how to put music up if you want. :)