Friday, June 6, 2014

London, Day 4 - Stonehenge

So, apparently society has got a thing about rocks, and they're willing to pay exorbitant amounts of money to see some lying around.  I willingly did the same.  I paid over 100$ to leave London, quite possibly my favorite city in the world, to go see some rocks.  The thing about these rocks is, well, I don't know.  In fact, nobody really knows; we don't know who placed them, or why, or really even exactly when. But they're there, and their awesomeness is undeniable!


Before I show you more from Stonehenge, unless you just scroll down to the bottom without reading (can't blame you), I'll share a few pics from Bath.  Not that kind of bath.  It's a city, really.  Here's proof: http://visitbath.co.uk/

So Bath has some hot springs in them, and when the Romans (some apparently are still occupying the city) took over Southern Britain, they found these springs, and made a Roman bath.  And, since they're so good at coming up with original names, they called the area Bath. 
Our fun-sized travel guide was loads of fun, even if bordering on overzealous to share details and facts, and even stories about his ex-wife. 

Anyway, we finally got to Stonehenge, and I took off, I wasn't gonna mess around, not with the sky that we had that day.  Here are a few pics.




 Seeing this iconic monument and learning more about the mystery that surrounds them just helps me more appreciate the beauties and wonders of the world.  I'm glad I got to see this.

The bus came back into London and I rushed into the theatre district to see Stomp, the Musical.  This was super entertaining!  I got a ticket for the front row and had a blast getting wet, having stuff thrown on me, making faces at the performers the whole time, and having them make faces back (that was my favorite part :)).  Then I played around at Piccadilly Square, made some new friends, chatted with my favorite street musician, met some photographers, and went back down to the waterfront for the night.  I didn't get a hotel for this evening, so I stayed the whole night out on the town - I absolutely love London!  I can't believe I got to be here, if only for four days, but I feel I did a good job of seeing what I wanted to see and doing what I wanted to do.  I can't wait to come back again!

No comments: