Thursday, June 5, 2014

London, Day 3 - Harry Potter World!

After a ride on the Hogwarts Express (okay, not really - I rode a bus, but it was a cool bus!), I arrived at the place where the magic happened, the Warner Bros. Harry Potter studios!  I must admit, I was one of the most excited people on the bus and waiting in line.  I love the books, the movies, and everything about Harry Potter.  Each time I've read the series, I've not wanted to leave the world, so I'd just reread the 7th book over and over again until I was satisfied (which, let's be honest, never really happens with HP).  So this was a dream come true for me.  I didn't really know what to expect, other than awesomeness, and I was not disappointed!

I figure that anything I write in this post will not do justice to the place, nor will it satisfy true Potterheads, but I'm just going to share a few highlights from the tour in the best way I know possible: with pictures!  I have a couple hundred more photos, but this will have to do...
"Perfectly normal, thank you very much"




Our welcome party

The Great Hall

The Fat Lady
Gryffindor Common Room
Mirror of Erised - I look into it and see myself exactly as I am :)
Chess, anyone?
"Sherbet Lemon"


Yes, the dishes were doing themselves
I think I solemnly swear every day that I'm up to no good ;)
Poor Ron
I do not like that lady

Couldn't say it better
Just like with the books, I didn't want to say goodbye, but it's a good reminder that Hogwarts (and its world) will always be there.  And it better be, cause I'm wanting to come back!!!

No comments: